Our Board of Management consists of the following:
- Two direct nominees of the Patron.
- Two parents of children enrolled in the school (one being a mother, the other a father), elected by the general body of parents of children enrolled in the school.
- The principal teacher (or acting principal teacher) of the school.
- One other teacher on the staff of the school, elected by vote of the teaching staff.
- Two extra members proposed by the nominees, (1) –(4) above.
This term’s Board of Management members for 2020-2024 are as follows;
|Fr. John Delany||Patron’s Nominee|
|Siobhan O’Brien||Staff Nominee|
|Conor Mc Kenna||Parents Nominee|
|Breed Kinsella||Parents Nominee|
Functions of the Board of Management
Boards of Management are responsible for the direct government of schools. The duties of the Board of Management include the following:
▪ The appointment of teachers and ancillary staff;
▪ Approving school closures;
▪ Approving teacher absences for a variety of reasons;
▪ The appointment of teachers to deputy/principal and other posts of responsibility;
▪ Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation; and
▪ Ensuring that schools are adequately insured and maintained.
Specific duties of the Chairperson of the Board of Management include;
▪ Acting as a correspondent with the Department of Education and Skills and all outside bodies;
▪ Presiding at Board of Management meetings;
▪ Signing the monthly returns and annual statistical returns; and
▪ Serving on the selection board for the appointment of teachers.
Our Board of Management work very hard in a voluntary capacity for the benefit of all the children in St. Patrick’s N.S. and it is very much appreciated by all.