Our Board of Management consists of the following:
This term’s Board of Management members for 2015 -2019 are as follows;
|Fr. Andrew O’Sullivan||Patron’s Nominee|
|Nicola Mulvey||Staff Nominee|
|Ruth Fitzsimon||Parents Nominee|
|Jason Sinclair||Parents Nominee|
|Rhian Maguire||Recording Secretary|
Functions of the Board of Management
Boards of Management are responsible for the direct government of schools. The duties of the Board of Management include the following:
▪ The appointment of teachers and ancillary staff;
▪ Approving school closures;
▪ Approving teacher absences for a variety of reasons;
▪ The appointment of teachers to deputy/principal and other posts of responsibility;
▪ Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation; and
▪ Ensuring that schools are adequately insured and maintained.
Specific duties of the Chairperson of the Board of Management include;
▪ Acting as a correspondent with the Department of Education and Skills and all outside bodies;
▪ Presiding at Board of Management meetings;
▪ Signing the monthly returns and annual statistical returns; and
▪ Serving on the selection board for the appointment of teachers.
Our Board of Management work very hard in a voluntary capacity for the benefit of all the children in St. Patrick’s N.S. and it is very much appreciated by all.